Friday, July 31, 2009

Random finding: Jacqueline Rush Lee

Wanted to share my discovery with you, dear readers.

Happened upon the beautiful work of Jacqueline Rush Lee, an artist from Hawaii who is "drawn to the intimate, tactile, and symbolic qualities of used books" and transforms them in ways not dissimilar to the effects of shibori on plain fabric.


"As an artist I am inspired by the materials, colors and forms that I find in my everyday environment. I am particularly drawn to objects that record physical processes or bear the imperfections and scars of life. Intuitively chosen, these objects suggest layered metaphors of knowledge and corporeality as an embodiment of the transitory nature of the body, thoughts, memories, or one’s life experiences."

Check her out.
www.jacquelinerushlee.com




No comments:

Post a Comment